Are you looking for new ways to generate leads?
Social media is one of the most powerful (and free) marketing tools that has changed the game when it comes to lead generation. Going viral on these platforms can boost your enquiries and raise brand awareness on a global scale.
While there’s no guarantee that anything you create will go viral, there are some tricks of the trade that can boost your chances of success.
Here’s everything you need to know about why content goes viral and how you can create it.
What is Viral Content?
Viral content is classed as anything that gets a ton of exposure online. It could be an image, video, blog post, GIF, infographic, or even a quiz.
Content is usually defined as ‘viral’ when it’s shared, viewed, liked, or commented on at a high scale in a short period – usually via social media.
Why Does Content Go Viral?
Typically, content will go viral because it’s:
Viral content doesn’t have to be all these things. But it normally falls into one or more of these categories.
In the past, estate agents have been known to go viral by doing something bold and memorable – like adding unique descriptions to listings, putting a comedic spin on hard-to-sell homes, or running open-house raffles.
What’s the Benefit of Going Viral for Estate Agents?
There are lots of benefits for estate agents in going viral online.
- Raise brand awareness – Viral content can do wonders for your brand. It can get your name out there – locally, nationally and worldwide, and draw attention to your services and listings.
- Drive online traffic – Even if your content doesn’t have a web link, you can still see a huge boost in traffic from people searching your agency’s name online.
- Generate leads – A boost in web traffic and a surge in brand awareness can generate more enquiries.
3 Tips on How Estate Agents Can Create Viral Content
There’s no guarantee that your content will go viral.
But there are some things you can do to boost your estate agency’s chances of success, including:
- Make it memorable – Viral content stands out from the crowd. People remember it and want to share it with their friends.
- Be timely – Typically, viral content is relevant and responsive to current trends. If you want to make your content go viral, share it at the right time when people are still talking about the trend.
- Make it easy to share – Get visual and make sure your content is easy to share. You could create a meme, GIF, video, infographic, or photo.
While there are benefits to going viral, it’s important to bear in mind that not all exposure is good exposure. If your content is shared across the globe, make sure it represents your brand in the best possible way.
Need Content Ideas?
If you’ve run out of content ideas for your social media, we can help!
We produce high-quality blog content for estate agents that you can easily repurpose for your social media accounts.