Is your blog fizzling out because you haven’t got time to update it? Has posting on social media become a drain on your time?
We know there’s never a dull moment when you’re managing an estate agency. There are always client calls to make, valuations to do and homes to sell.
Understandably, managing your blog can fall way down your to-do list. But having an up-to-date blog is one of the best things you can do to effectively market your agency. That’s why a content calendar can help keep you and your team on track when it comes to your blog.
If you’re wondering what a content calendar is and how you can create one, here’s a simple guide with everything you need to know.
What is a Content Calendar?
A content calendar is a written schedule, usually created online, that maps out the content you plan to post, when you plan to post it, and where.
They are simple and easy to use, with the sole purpose of helping you plan ahead and stay on track.
Why Should Estate Agents Create a Content Calendar?
There are so many benefits to creating a content calendar for your estate agency. They can:
- Boost the quality of your blog content
- Keep you and your team organised
- Help you achieve your marketing goals
- Boost team collaboration
- Help you build relationships with local businesses
What Makes a Good Content Calendar?
Content calendars should be useful and practical.
Typically, they have three main components:
- What – Defines the content you want to promote or create
- Where – Identifies the channel you plan to promote the content on e.g., your blog or social media
- When – Maps the time, date or frequency you plan to promote your content
A good content calendar can also include things like:
- Purpose/goal – Identifies what you want to achieve by promoting the content and what goal it helps your estate agency meet.
- Measures of success – Defines what success looks like e.g., a boost in web traffic, newsletter subscriptions or home valuation enquiries.
How to Create a Content Calendar For Your Estate Agency
Step #1: Brainstorm Ideas
The first step to create a content calendar is to brainstorm blog content ideas. List all the topics you want to create and add them to the ‘what’ column.
Step #2: Determine Your Overall Goal
Decide what your goal is for each piece of content. This helps you determine what needs to be included in the content and what your call-to-action should be.
Step #3: Decide on the Channel
Alongside each item of content, decide where you want to promote it. For example, will the information be posted on your blog, social media, or both? We recommend both!
Step #4: Schedule Dates
Schedule the dates you plan to publish each item on the list. This is the most important part of creating a content calendar that can help you stay focused and on track with your content marketing.
Need More Content Ideas?
We can help!
We specialise in providing estate agents and lettings agents with high-quality content that you can schedule and publish on your blog. Our subscription packages make it easy for you to manage your content calendar and keep your blog up to date.